Monday, November 21, 2005

Rochester

So I thought I'd stay local on Sunday, but the beautiful weather got the best of me! I wandered out to Rochester about 8am. I took the NY turnpike, so there was no dilly dallying. I went under the guise of finding the airport. It was pretty easy to get around town.

Rochester proper was okay, some of it was downright scary, and there were tons of suburbs. It started all looking the same. The best part was Lake Ontario - my second great lake. I spent most of the day there. I walked up and down the beach, out on the pier, and just generally sat around on the beach and marveled at how much it looked like the ocean. All that was missing were the jelly fish.

On the way home I stopped by the Waterloo outlet mall. I found some good buys at the Gap and Brooks Brothers. I'm adding to my professional wardrobe slowly but surely.

I have to say I am fascinated by the NY service areas. They are like rest areas but with restaurants and a gas station. I think they are a weird oasis on the toll road, kinda like a microcosm.

Powered by Blogger