Friday, December 30, 2005

Yippee

I'm leaving today for Indy at 2pm, and I am very excited. Although I am a bit sad to be leaving my chair. Haha... no... really.

I am quite the traveller these days. I have not been in NY on a weekend in forever, so no serious exploring except what I am able to do after work. Next friday I am leaving for Portland - also so excited. I am looking forward to meeting all the people at the Portland office, and getting to work with them for a week. I can pretend that I am permanently there (working on it).

I am really working on some fun stuff here at work. I am creating a style guide for the people here to use as a standard when developing software (and ultimately products). I love it becacause I am imparting my knowledge of psychology and interface design on them. I am writing a document that describes the way people's minds process information and how they interact with technology via visual, auditory, and tactile stimulus. Then I discuss the implications of that on software design, and how to implement them to create good software. Right up my alley!

Yeah - school, Indiana, and living in a tiny house on top of Jim for 2 years really was worth it! And it is pretty cool that companies are still calling me about jobs too. I guess I get one a week. Thanks to you too Heather for emailing me that one.
I'm always looking for a good opportunity.

Happy New Year!!!

Powered by Blogger