Wednesday, March 08, 2006

We are in!

Mom and I checked out of the hotel this morning, so we are officially in the house. We have 2 air beds, an arsenal of cleaning supplies, and now hi speed internet. We are set!

We had to give up the posh hotel life. The staff said their goodbyes and said they would miss us. The desk clerk asked me to stop in and say hello sometime. Yes... we were there 21 days. But the housekeepers were probably happy to see us go. We let them come in 2 times during our stay. Hey... we had all but moved in. Unfortunately we are not rockstars, and we did not trash the room.... well except all the feathers from my down comforters.

Mom and I pretty well have our sea legs in the neighborhood. So within 2 miles of the house there is: a Target, Home Depot, TJMaxx, Marshalls (which is NEXT door to the TJMaxx - is that legal?), TWO Starbux, a Coffee People, McCormick's (the best local seafood in town), a brewery, a natural grocery store, a regular grocery store, the best bakery in town (according to the guys at work), the police department, the vet my landlord recommended, the infiniti dealership, the subaru dealership, a golf course, the community pool, and last but not least... the Dolphin II Gentlemen's Club. It makes me wonder where the Dolphin I is located.

I am starting to feel pretty comfortable in the house already. Tonight will be the test. I don't think I will be able to get to the bathroom in the dark yet. Mom and I are sleeping in the living room, and there are four nearly floor to ceiling windows at one end that look out onto the backyard and they have no curtains.

Tomorrow I'll let you know how it goes!

Powered by Blogger