Friday, April 21, 2006

Okay James: Happy Anniversary!

Note: I have back posted pictures so they would be more or less chronologically relevant. So go back and check ‘em out. I guess I went back about a week.

James and I have a running argument – he swears that we were married on April 21st. Um…. No. We were married on the 22nd. A) why would I agree to get married on an odd numbered day, B) the 22nd is earth day, and C) the 22nd is National Jelly Bean Day! He swears I have doctored the license and paid off all the people around us. His argument is that the 22nd was on a Tuesday, and why would we get married on a Tuesday? We have argued about this forever. So today I will celebrate our 10 years minus 1 day anniversary, and tomorrow he will celebrate our 10 years PLUS 1 day anniversary.

Dork, but I love him. Either way we get to celebrate twice.

Dad and I have been having a good time. We have been getting in a lot of quality time, and it has been fun hunting apartments with him. James and I are trying to teach him all the coolest dance moves, and we have successfully taught him the “throw your hands up in the air and whoooo-whoooo”. He is a natural. He is such a fun, smart, lovable guy. And I am glad he is my dad!

He has been getting around great! I think he is getting his bearings, and I don’t worry about him so much running around on his own. He sure will have years of exploring to do once he gets out here.

Speaking of that. Mom and dad’s house went on the market today. The sign went up this morning, and it is being shown tonight. How exciting!

I think dad and I have narrowed down the apartment choices quite a bit… there are probably 3 or 4 that they would pursue. They are all pretty close by.

The last few days the weather has been awesome – sunny and warm. Ahhhh this is what spring should be like.

I am so relieved that James is going to be here full time soon. I seems as if he has landed a job he will really enjoy. I hope all his years of working for the DOT is paying off. He is such a sweet exceptional guy, and he deserves the best.

I am not biased or anything!

Well I am having fun at work, and enjoying all the projects and the people. It is hard to believe that I have been here for a little over 2 months. Time is just flying by.

I am thinking about taking some classes. My company has a good education reimbursement and I think I might take advantage of it. I am going to try to apply for a grad program for next fall. I think I will try to get some classes under my belt before then though. I am not setting my heart on a phd, but I might try going that direction.

Powered by Blogger