Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Exploring in NY

After I leave work I try to do some exploring and rambling around. It has been pretty rainy here, but I've gotten out a bit. I went to Seneca Falls and got a stash of the Amish wasabi peas for Robert at work. I can't believe I am actually flying a couple of pounds of wasabi peas across the country. I'm dedicated to the cause I guess. Plus these are the best wasabi peas ever.

Last night Paul and his wife Lisa had me over for dinner, which was very sweet of them. I also got a chance to see my main man Reeces. Smooches, wiggles, and tug of war. Its the ears.... if you could can those you would be a millionaire.

I got a chance to go back to the Montezuma wildlife refuge in the daylight. I drive the (offroad) trail through the park. It was really cool. Last night I did the scenic drive around a couple of the finger lakes. I could not tell you which ones. I drove through Morovia NY, whic I had never done. Next trip I need to go back. It was really cool. Ahhhh... the houses. It is always so weird to leave here and go back to portland. The vegetation, the people, and the houses are so radically different. It is like 2 different worlds.

Powered by Blogger