Saturday, October 21, 2006

A Look back at the Week

I have been so wiped out this week. I basically shut down Thursday afternoon.

The fall colors were so pretty in NY, and the drive to Boston was gorgeous. There was a chill in the air, but it really felt like fall. It was nice. Paul and I had a nice time in Boston. We went to Bentley College and Harvard to visit some of their labs. It was kind of a whirlwind visit. It is weird to think that I could have gone to Bentley for grad school. I am SO glad I did not. That area is pretty depressing. Of course that is where the cool church was.

I always get caught off guard when I see all the tourists in Skaneateles. I just think of it as the place where my company’s home office is, but it is actually a real tourist attraction being in the Finger Lakes region and actually being one of the lakes. The hotels were full, the local farms were having fall festivals, the apples were in, and there were tons of people milling about enjoying the fall colors and the little shops. Oh… and they were having an Alpaca show this weekend. I wish I could have had an opportunity to go to it. Victoria, you would just die! They were supposed to have over 250 alpacas there. Ahhhh… the fuzz, the smell!

Grad school seems so long ago. It is weird. I guess because I have been through so much change and done so much since then. Living in several different places in the meantime didn’t help. Sometimes I have a hankering to go back to school.

Mom said that it had been raining at home, but we were supposed to have a couple of nice days coming up. Mom and dad were so sweet and came up to let the dogs out in the middle of the day while I was gone. James is gone away from the house far too long to leave them all day. When I am in town, I work so close to the house that it is not a problem. I know the babies could last 12 hours, but I feel bad making them do that. They would rather implode than pee or poo in the house.

I really need to stop using my personal cell phone for work. I am going to run over my minutes sometime. And that is really going to tork me. I am close this month.

Powered by Blogger