Wednesday, November 22, 2006

To the beach

Wednesday morning I slept in and hoped the fog would burn off by the time I got to the beach. It worked out pretty well. About 10:30 I headed out to La Jolla to the beach. By the time I got there the fog was clearing, and the sun was out. I bummed around in La Jolla and went down to the beach. I parked and walked the path along the ocean. It was beautiful! I walked down to seal beach. It is an area that used to be a kid's beach. They built a wall to keep the rough waves out, and provide a nice place for kids to play. Well the seals liked it so much they ran the kids out. So now it is known as seal beach, and often you can find a bunch of seals sunning themselves and swimming. Well that morning it was perfect for the seals and there were lots of them on the beach.

After walking up and down the beach in La Jolla, I headed up the 101 along the coast. I went up as far as I could. I hit the military area, and 101 stopped. As I went up the 101 I went through a bunch of likke towns. They were packed with surf shops and little stores and restaurants. As the day wore on, traffic got worse and worse. I headed back down to San Diego, sun burned some more from being in the sun all day.

I went by Balboa Park on the way back to the condo. Balboa Park was really neat. It has beautiful gardens, a bunch of museums and theatres, and the San Diego zoo. The architecture of the buildings was really cool. The park just looked really surreal with the buildings and vegetation. That night Bucky and I went to dinner, went a wine bar, and hung out. We had a really good time.

Powered by Blogger