Wednesday, January 31, 2007

That reminds me of a story...

Mom and dad had an old air pump pellet gun that they had for years and years. I remember mom shooting at blue jays to scare them away from the bluebird house - kinda like Jim's mom, a rifle, and blackbirds. Is that a Tennessee mom thing? There was a huge pine tree in the back yard right next to the screened in porch that the bluebird house was mounted on. Mom had put a metal sheet (painted tree color) around it right below the bluebird house to keep the squirrels from getting to it and chewing a big hole in the birdhouse to move in. One day I was on the patio under the screened in porch, and mom was shooting at a blue jay from the deck. The shot hit the guard on the tree and ricocheted. It hit me in the shoulder. I sustained a nice little bruise, and I also added a nice little story to tell about my mom - "the day mom shot me".

When mom and dad moved to Oregon from Knoxville they got rid of alot of things. Carl is one of mom's best friends. She gave him the cursed pellet gun when they were moving. Apparently he had been searching for a gun just like it for a long time. It was like one he played with when he was a kid. How weird is that? He was really happy to get it.

I have wanted to tell him the sorted history of the gun for quite some time now. So Carl... I just wanted you to know the sorted past of the gun. Lucky for me, mom is usually a horrible shot.

Well except the time she was trying to scare a blue jay and she shot his leg off... but that's another story.

Powered by Blogger