Saturday, May 03, 2008

I made it!

Nine states later (beware of my geographical skills kids) and I am in North Carolina. No furniture, no dogs, and no Jim. I have a huge empty house. Its all part of the journey I guess. Just cross your fingers that our house sells fast.

The area is nice. The house is in a great neighborhood... errr... subdivision, and there is easy access to everything. I guess I did not realize Raleigh was so flat. No Indiana flat, but flat. Living in a river basin kind of flat. It is very green, and there are lots of soft deciduous trees as opposed to the scraggly sharp firs in Oregon. It feels like the southeast. It smells like the southeast. It has allergens like the southeast. I'm happy to be back.

Friday the guys from work took me to lunch which was very nice of them. It makes me a little less nervous about Monday. Today one of them invited me to a craft market which would have been awesome, but alas... I had to wait for the guy to come and fix the downstairs toilet.

The house is good. It is a little worn. The landlady said the family that lived there before had 3 little girls. That explains the marks - both crayon and other - all over. They didn't paint the interior, which is okay. It is less pressure on us. Plus the living room is the full 2 story height. Painful to paint. I'm sorry folks, but kids are WAY harder on a house (and a car) than dogs. Sherman and Muldoone may rub down the sides of the wall, but they never do it with a crayon in their mouth. I also think the previous tenants had a pet or two. You can just tell. I'm waiting to find some pee. All a part of the renting game though. Really... moving into a bachelor's 1950 rundown bungalow is quite nastier. I forget that. I also forget the nasty horror that our last rental house was. I tend to block stuff like that out. So this is a cake walk. Plus I am easily freaked out, so I have to re-clean everything. Too bad mom isn't here to help.

Powered by Blogger