Wednesday, December 14, 2005

I'm excited

I am going to Knoxville this weekend, and that is making the week really long. I get to see my old room (haha), my Arial, and my mommy and daddy (both of which I miss a whole lot). I am also looking forward to some sunshine and maybe a glimse of grass! I am also excited about seeing my buddy!

Oh... and I guess I am pretty excited about picking up the new car. I know Jim sure is. It is like as soon as the old subaru found out we were really retiring it, it decided to fall apart. Jim picked up a steak knife in his tire today = new tire (which doesn't really match the others). A tail light went out = trip to autozone. I'm sure I am forgetting some things. Damn ungrateful car. We just have to be able to drive it (or I guess push it) on the lot. They are so nice at Earl Duff Subaru (in sunny Harriman TN). They'll take it off of our hands no matter what (and at this point that's all we need). How do you think we got rid of that sad Corsica. Poor Corsica - I still get all gooshy when I see one limping down the road.

I will just be happy when we have two nice cars. That almost makes me feel like more of an adult than buying our first washer and dryer. I guess I finally don't feel like a college student anymore. Now all we need is a big old house - Jim - you better get on it. You are my handyman and grunt labor. Plus you have a nice "plumber's face"! Hahaha.

I think I get to go to Portland, OR at the beginning of January - for a week. I am going to meet with the guys there and see what I can do for them. They are really excited about working with me, and they want me to help them get everyone there on board with my grand plan. Maybe they'll fall in love with me and beg me to move to Portland. I'll hint around about it while I'm there Mom!

I'm thinking I should start a cult... "The House of the Marvelous Jill". That has a nice ring, but I am always open to suggestions.

Powered by Blogger