Monday, January 30, 2006

Ah... another great weekend

Jim and I had such a nice time, but it was WAY too short. He blew in Friday evening with a pretty (hahaha) truck. We went out to eat, and then came back to the apartment and just hung out. Saturday, we went on some wild adventures through the bad side of town, courtesy of my horrid navigation skills. No navigation system can save you if you don't have the street name right! We drove in circles, cackling, and Jim shaking his head in awe of my ineptness. I'm sure he wondered how I found my way to my car every morning. Several hours and several attempts later we found the creepy yet welcoming feed store (located in the heart of the ghetto?) where we bought some food for the babies. As a side note... It is amazing that Jim and I are malnourished, anti-nutrition, exerciseless, sugar-aholics, and we are FANATICAL about our dogs' wellbeing. They eat the best food we can get our hands on, no preservatives, no pieces-parts, and no people food. We made a pact long ago that although we were slackers we would have healthy, trim, gorgeous dogs. Wild and spoiled, but definitely happy.

We did a little shopping, I swear when you get Jim going, he is an awesome shopping buddy. Almost as good as you mom - he is much more easily embarrassed than you though. He wanted to crawl into the carpet when I got tangled in some "fancy" scarves in Target and when I tested every object I could find to see how it fit over my boobie.

After our adventure, we went back to the apartment to do our duty. We both were dreading loading the truck, and I was overwhelmed by all the stuff. It really wasn't bad at all. Jim and I actually had fun while we loaded - we giggled and played, and rested alot. The truck looked sad and empty when we were done. I really did not have that much. I was left with a blow up bed, tv, some kitchen stuff, my plants, and my clothes. We went to a cool little restaurant for dinner and gorged on some awesome "jojo" potatoes, fried fish, and italian food. Sick with happiness and good food, we made our way to Starbux. They closed insanely early. You could never guess Syracuse is a college town. We went back to the apartment after walking around downtown looking at some of the buildings. We watched cable tv sprawled out on the living room floor, and then fell asleep gabbing into the morning.

Poor Jim left about 4:30 am Sunday morning, and I worried about him driving that truck all the way back. It rained most of the way, but he was a good boy and stopped to rest alot. He told me when he left to get some sleep for him, so I did. I slept almost all day, for Jim... right! It felt so good.

I was so sad to see him go. We had a great time. I know we have lived apart for 8 months now, but now that the end is near, I think we are both just so ready.

I have moved my "bed" into the living room, and I made it official today... I am turning in my apartment keys and my cable modem on Friday the 10th. Mom and I should be leaving for the great west on Monday the 13th. I am set to get my offer tomorrow. My boss and his boss had to sign off on it, and his boss was out this afternoon - curses!

I have some photos that I will try to get online soon - they are really good!

Powered by Blogger