Sunday, January 22, 2006

Saturday's adventure

I headed out for the Walgreens in Rochester this morning. All I have to say is - Hooray for navigation systems!

After leaving Walgreens I decided that I had enough of Rochester and headed for Niagara Falls. I went directly north to the coast of lake Ontario and took the lake Ontario state parkway along the NY coast until it ended at Canada. I stopped at some of the beaches along the way, and found a really cool lighthouse. I discovered there are actually quite a few lighthouses on lake Ontario... boy I should have started on the lighthouse quest earlier in the winter!

When I left Syracuse it was 50 degrees and cloudy, but by the time I got to Rochester it was 37 and snowing. Through the day it stayed cold, and it was very windy along the lake. The sun came out later in the afternoon.

If you click on any of the pictures, you'll find many more from Saturday than just the ones here!

Powered by Blogger