Monday, January 23, 2006

What a weekend

Yesterday I decided to get in some more site seeing. It was just too beautiful of a day not to. It is supposed to be gross all week, but nice again this weekend. I didn’t take many pictures. I was concentrating on covering ground and seeing all that I could.

I went over to Springfield Mass and then up to Vermont. I messed about and then went over to Concord NH. I cut across on secondary roads so I got to see a lot of the Vermont and New Hampshire countryside. It is really pretty. All of the lakes were iced over and looked so pretty, and they even still had QUITE a bit of snow on the ground. I even crossed the Appalachian trail. How cool! NH was pretty depressing though. Once you get away from any good sized town it is pretty rough. I then went over to Maine and went up to Portland. I messed around there – it was pretty cool. And of course the ocean was incredible. There was ice around the edges. Massachusetts was by far my favorite. It was so pretty the closer you got to the coast.

I panicked once I realized how long it would take me to get back to Syracuse! I left Portland about 6:30pm, and I got home a little after midnight. It was totally worth it though. There is no interstate that crosses from lower middle Maine over to NH and Vermont. So I had to go down, around Boston, and straight over to Albany NY. I knew taking secondary roads back across NH and Vermont would be hell.

So I had a great weekend. I did not get done all the things around the apartment that I had hoped to get done, so I guess that is what I’ll be doing evenings this week!

Powered by Blogger