Saturday, March 25, 2006

Busy Day

Today I got up early. The sun was out even though it poured all night. I got out and went to Target. I can’t seem to let a day go by without going there. Every Target is laid out differently, and this one seems especially backwards to me, but I think I am finally learning my way around. It is pretty cool; they have a small market section. It is not like a super target, but they do have frozen and refrigerated items as well as the necessities. After target I went to Home Depot. Much like Target, each home depot is laid out differently and I seem to go everyday. Although at home depot I found a map and directory of the whole store in the garden section. I still seem to walk the whole thing. I saw 2 black labs and a schnauzer IN home depot while I was there. How cool! I can imagine one of our guys in there – sniffing people, barking, and tasting the merchandise. Sherman would try to carry everything around.

I was in search of shelf liners, and the previous 2 places were a bust. I found a Kmart, and in desperation I went in just in case. I found some cool Martha Stewart (bless her heart!) shelf liners that had stripes on them. I had no idea how much I would need, so I bought the last 2 roles of the striped and I bought 2 rolls of off white. Each one was 1.5’ X 24’. I had no idea.

I then set off on the great adventure to find a car wash. There is one kind I especially like. Kaddy Carwash. It is like the Mike’s in Indy – which is the BEST carwash ever. I am normally not passionate about carwashes, but this one is awesome. I have a hard time finding a carwash that actually cleans around my spoiler. I could not find a Kaddy around the house, so I drove around circling further and further out. Finally I ended up at the one near downtown. But after all that I was very happy with my sparkling car.

On the way back to the house to do my chores, I stopped off at the Dutch store. It was SO cool! They had all sorts of stuff. They had wooden shoes everywhere. Although they would be terribly uncomfortable, I have always wanted a pair. I did not know the Dutch’s passion for Licorice. They had a full isle of licorice products – both candy and regular food stuffs. It was amazing to browse through them. I settled on some salt licorice and some cherry tea and then made my way home.

I continued unpacking everything, and I just spread it all out on the floor. I figured I could organize it and put it away later. James and I decided that since this house is so big we could unpack everything. We haven’t unpacked all our stuff in ages! I am very excited. In Indy we had most everything boxed up to save space. Our kitchen was so small too, and we have a ton of dishes and stuff. They only things I left packed here was the photo albums, some of Granny’s stuff, and my old school things. I got to pull out my favorite pieces since we have the built-ins to put them on.

I went out in the afternoon to retrieve the file box. I drove over to Sellwood, which is one of my favorite areas. It is just on the other side of the river in town, and it is littered with gorgeous old houses. They lived in classic “modern” northwest house. I went in and commented on how beautiful their house was, and she gave me a tour. It was a basement ranch that had been immaculately restored. It had hardwood floors, a new kitchen, and the entire back of the house was glass. The view was awesome. She was a quilter, and she took me down to her studio in the basement. The entire back wall was glass. Her work was amazing. I left with my dirty little file box filled with old, sad credit card statements and vet bills, and I returned to my modest house in Raleigh Hills.

Powered by Blogger