Friday, November 24, 2006

The trip home

I left early friday morning. I intended to get to San Fransisco and spend the night, and then go the rest of the way home saturday. I ended up getting to San Fransisco at 9:30 am. I would have stayed, but Heather had already left and was in Knoxville. So I went on thinking that I would just stop somewhere in northern california. After reaching the Oregon state line I decided I was so close I should just finish the drive. I know, I know... I'm a little crazy. I sure have become a good distance driver! The weather was pretty good the whole way. It started raining as I got closer to Portland. When I was about 50 miles from home... I got a speeding ticket. Whoops. I guess after driving 2700 miles in a week it was bound to happen. You guys know how I love to speed. You have to pay the piper eventually. I rolled into Portland about 7:30 pretty pooped.

It had been a great trip. I got to see Heather and her parents, and I got to meet Holly. I was great spending time with Bucky. I really enjoyed it. It was so nice to catch up with him!

Powered by Blogger