Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Xmas & Happy Holidays!

Merry Xmas everyone! I hope all of you are having fun, eating too much, and hugging someone you love. I know I am.

We always open gifts on xmas eve, so we got together last night and had dinner. I'm glad Tiffanie could join us. We had fun. This was the first time James and I had ever hosted xmas at our house. We had a tree (as you guys have all seen in many photos) and I made dinner. I made asparagus ravioli-lasagna. Tiffanie made a yummy punkin' pie, chocolate covered cherries, and sparkling cider. Mom made pull apart bread, lots of goodees and her famous chex-mix.

This year when James and I wrapped the presents we did not put tags on them. It started out that we forgot to buy tags, and then we were too lazy to go and get any. We decided that we wouldn't tag any of them. The number of presents never comes out evenly. We open gifts round robin style, and there is always someone still unwrapping presents after everyone else has run out. So we decided we would just pass out the presents. When you opened one you wouldn't know what it was or who it was for. It was like everyone could be surprised. When we started wrapping gifts we realized that there weren't enough to look nice under the tree, so James and I wrapped some empty boxes. Well as time went on we started getting more and more real gifts coming in, so we ended up with alot of gifts under the tree. It was fun to see if the gift was real or not. I think they were a little skeptical at first, but by the end of the evening everyone had gotten into it.

We even unwrapped Bucky's gifts, so I'll have to rewrap them before Bucky and Holly come in Tuesday night. I'm really glad they are coming up.

I have plenty of more details, but I'm going down to Mom and Dad's soon for lunch, so I need to get ready. I have tons of pictures to post, but you guys will have to wait.

Powered by Blogger