Saturday, December 10, 2005

Howdee

As per usual I went ramblin' about today. I had some grand plans of places to go, but I was thwarted by 30 mile per hour winds and snow drifts. My boss told me about 1000 islands up at the canadian border. Which sounds further away than it actually is. Anyway I found a route that skirts the northeast side of lake ontario and follows along the shores of the saint lawrence river. I was planning on driving the new york border with canada for a bit. I was excited to see the saint lawrence river valley to see how it compared with the columbia river gourge. I know - no comparison. I guess I will have to save that trip for warmer weather.

I also found out that after a few days of sub zero weather the top of niagra falls freezes over. I can't wait!

I attempted to use my dishwasher this evening. I have to say I have NEVER cleaned out (or felt the need to clean out) the bottom of a dishwasher. Well after I did a test run (sans dishes) I found out why there was so much stuff in it. It spewed out the side during the wash cycle. I guess I'm calling maintainence monday! My first apartment mishap. So I am resigned to hand washing.

I am now treating grocery shopping as a passtime. I have been to almost all of them around here, and I go almost everyday. I don't buy much, but it sure is some cheap entertainment. Jim says that is why I have such a weird collection of food in my apartment. It is like nonstop impulse buying. I like that! Hey... is that how problem shopping starts?

Powered by Blogger