Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Hump Day

Well it is not quite a hump when it is only a 4 day week. I went rambling around today after work. I found the Montezuma National Wildlife Refuge - very cool. I want to go back when there is more light and more warmth! It is on a big lake, and there is a lock at the edge of the property. There is also a winery in the town and lots of cool houses. I went near, but not to the Women's Rights National Historic Park, but I'll go back. It just gets dark too early.

Speaking of locks... one of the guys at work told me that in the summer you can rent a barge and go up and down the canal. You can go from Buffalo to NY City. They give you a piloting course, and they give you bikes and everything you need for the trip. Of course you don't have to go the whole way. It sounds cool.

Powered by Blogger