Friday, March 17, 2006

Friday

The furniture finally came Friday. I left work a little early to come home and help mom supervise. It was amazing just how little there was. We had shared a truck with someone else, and we were the last load off. Because the house is on a flag lot and our driveway is long, it was too narrow for an 18 wheeler to make it. So they unloaded our stuff onto a uhaul truck and brought it over. They were unloading jim’s headboard and one of the guys stepped off of the ramp and fell. He was bruised up and had a good sized knot on his leg. Luckily the bed was unharmed - It had landed on his leg. Poor guy! They did a good job of placing stuff in the rooms we wanted them in. They finished about 4:30 or so, and then the guys came by to install the washer and dryer for us… how nice! Just after the movers left they called me from uhaul. They were pulling the packing blankets out of the uhaul truck and they found my bike frame. I went over and met them to pick it up. I am so glad they found it. Everything had been tagged and numbered, but I guess I counted Jim’s bike twice and I saw the wheels to my bike so I thought it was there. We went to dinner and then headed home to do some MUCH needed laundry. We had gotten to the end of our clean undies, and the situation was about to get critical. I have never been so happy to hear that dryer going.

Powered by Blogger