Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Sunshine!

Yesterday was a gorgeous day, much like today. It was in the mid 60’s and sunny. I had gone into work yesterday at 5:45am, which turned out to be a good idea, despite the periods of head bobbing around 11am. I left work at 2pm, and I headed for the park. I took a nice long walk and got to visit with all of the doggies. I went to one near the house, but today is equally as gorgeous, so I think I’ll head over to Sellwood, and go the park by the river when I leave work. It is one of the big free range dog parks. So I thought I’d check it out for future reference. Like the babies will socialize with other dogs! They think they are humans.

I think I am starting to grasp the allergy season situation here. I had forgotten springtime in Tennessee, but this is very much the same. Flowers = stuffy nose. But it IS worth it. I just need to go to the doctor and get some Allegra.

Dad was asking me the other day about the weather here. He asked me how depressing it was. Well I don’t feel it is depressing at all. Of course I love it here, but James and I realized that in Indiana when it is cloudy and overcast the clouds are very low. I have to say - the cloud formations in Indiana can NOT be beat. In New York, yes I was there in the winter, but the sun almost never came out. In Tennessee the clouds hang pretty low too, but here the cloud ceiling is really high. It is like the difference between being in a room with 6 foot ceilings versus a room with 40 foot ceilings. It just feels different, and I feel like it is not oppressive. Plus it is not cloudy and rainy all day. The winters here are rainy versus snowy, but the rest of the time the rain comes and goes. It may rain for an hour or two at a time, but then it will clear up.

Work has been lots of fun the past few weeks, and this week especially. We are getting ready to release a product to production, and there has been a shower of activities making last minute tweaks and such. Everyone is running around like crazy. My part is in essence done, so I get to just sit back and watch the frenzy. I really work with a bunch of interesting personalities! I love the people that I sit around – as usual I got in with a fun group. I sit between the technical writers and marketing, and boy it that a weird mix!

Powered by Blogger