Tuesday, January 16, 2007

People are funny... aka: snow in Portland

Well i'm sure you all have heard... we had snow in Portland. It really started Tuesday morning. Of course I was sitting in the airport. Usually I'm sitting there because of the weather in Chicago, but tuesday it was because of the weather in Portland. It was just a dusting when jim dropped me off at the airport. Tiffanie called me and asked if our flight was cancelled... she was inching her way towards the airport. That's when I noticed how hard it was snowing outside. The flight was in fact not cancelled, but instead we were 4 or so hours late.

I am by NO means an experienced snow driver. In Knoxville the town would shut down if there was a threat of snow. But we had at least one pretty good snow a year - sometimes in late april. In Portland they don't apparently.

Jim is never going to let me live it down. I always missed the "blizzards" and tornadoes in Indiana, and now I missed the biggest snow storm in ages in Portland.

Here are some videos off of YouTube:

Dad said this one was on Jay Leno...




This guy is really funny...

Powered by Blogger