Tuesday, January 24, 2006

All A Twitter, Yes I Am!

Today was a good day. Everything is falling into place thus far. I have gotten mom and dad all a twitter about Oregon, and of course Jim and I have been in a state of all a twitterness for weeks. I had my “interview” this morning, and we discussed all the goodies – benefits, relocation, 401k, vacation time, etc. Nice, but I will remain hesitant until I receive and accept an offer. I really have the impression that they are a good company to work for. They are huge, but they still almost feel like a Ma and Pa operation. I’m not used to this good treatment. I thought companies like this were an urban legend.

I have been getting such nice feedback from people here. They are coming out of the woodwork and telling me all of the nice things they have heard about me. Wow… I feel wanted and appreciated.

Although I had the best of intentions to do some packing last night, I ended up going out to Auburn which is just 15 miles from my apartment. I went to their Wal-Mart, which is much nicer than the one in Camillus. It is a Super Wal-Mart. They are building one in Camillus, but it won’t be done until April… too late.

So my apartment still looks like a war zone. I have pulled most stuff out of the closets and into plain site. I am going to try to determine what I can get rid of. It will be hard by the way considering what kind of stuff I brought with me – aka essentials. I also did not buy that much while I was here – mainly clothes… oh… and a chair and ottoman (hahaha).

I also have this horrible eating disorder. I use food as a reward and a consolation. I feel stressed, so I think I’ll feel better if I eat “yummy” stuff. When in fact, that “yummy” stuff makes me feel even worse. Larry commented just now saying, “Is that your second or third candy bar this afternoon?” Yes, it is just 2pm. And no, it was just my second candy bar, but the second one was fat free. Does that count?

Powered by Blogger