Wednesday, March 29, 2006

The Baldry Mushroom



The story:

I have know Heather for going on 18 years (ack! how has she stood me so long!). Her parents used to live in a house in Knoxville, and this little (one foot concrete mushroom) was at the end of their driveway in a flowerbed. I think it was left by the original owners of their house. Anyway... I noticed it on one of my early visits to their house. After several years I asked Heather if I could have it someday. She said if they ever moved. I never got final permission to get the mushroom, and many years later, they moved to California. Probably 9 months after they moved, James and I went by one morning and stole it from that flowerbed. We took it to Indiana, where is has been living as a fugative on the lamb for three years.(why are fugatives on a lamb anyway? A lamb would not make a good getaway vehicle, nor would it be very inconspicuous...) Now, much like my stained glass window, it has a home at our house. Maybe someday someone will love it as much as I do and steal it from my flowerbed.

Maybe I need a concrete knome to protect it!

Powered by Blogger