Saturday, March 18, 2006

Saturday

Mom and I left Portland early Saturday morning. We both had trouble sleeping the night before, so we were all bleary eyed driving to the airport. We flew into Denver and then on into Indianapolis. It was thankfully an uneventful flight. We had a good time and found all of our stops just fine. Jim met us at the airport. Dad had already gotten into town, so we all met up for an early dinner/late lunch. It was good to see Dad. Mom was relieved to be closer to home, and she sure was looking forward to seeing her kitty and her own bed. All in all we had a great time. I think we did fabulous for living on top of each other, sick and all, for 5 weeks. I think it was a good test of our relationship. I know we got tired of each other from time to time, but we did good. Mom was so great helping out with the house and stuff. Things are MUCH further along thanks to her.

Things looked different in Indy after being in Portland for awhile. It shocked me again how flat it was, and this time it shocked me at how far apart everything was. I guess I have really become acclimated to houses shoved in on top of each other. The people look really different too.

The dogs were happy to see me and we did much rolling around on the living room floor. That night we all had a big slumber party with both airbeds blown up side by side and dogs sprawled out everywhere. It was just a mass of legs, tails, and wet noses – Jim and mine included!

Powered by Blogger