Thursday, March 30, 2006

My dad is a hoot

As you all know, mom came with me out here to Oregon and spent a few weeks. She left dad on his own. She came home to find dad in one piece - not emaciated from hunger, her plants were alive, and the house was clean. She had noticed that she could not find one of her rings, and she accused him of using the vacuum cleaner instead of the duster to dust everything. I think she even made him open the vacuum bag to look for it.

Her following account is SO my dad. This is her email to me:

I have begun the great clean up on the house. I have caulked the bathroom. Cleaned all the fans and light fixtures. Changed out bulbs - thus brightening the place up. I started with the kitchen fan. It was clean - I was surprised - you were right, my house is sterile - HAH!

Did I tell you that Dad finally admitted using the leaf blower in the house? I kept wondering why, when I came back, everything looked strange to me - couldn't quite put my finger on it - just weird. Things were just slightly shifted. Pictures were all crooked. Plants dislodged from their moorings. Bathroom curtain hanging funny. First he admitted using the vacuum cleaner, then the shop vac to dust, instead of the little swifter thingy - then finally admitted using the leaf blower. I just want to double over with laughter when I think of it. Can you image him using the leaf blower in the house? It is hysterical. He even used it on the blinds. The man is crazy. You know it is their nature to think they can do everything better than we can, so I can just imagine him thinking to himself' "What, waste all this time dusting everything by hand - I'll just blow the hell out of it with the leaf blower." Never have found my ring. It is probably blown across the room somewhere. Can I just say again, the man is crazy. When he comes to visit be sure you hide the leaf blower!!!!

Powered by Blogger