Friday, March 31, 2006

The Velvet Hammer

I know, I know… don’t tempt fate. I went by the Coffee People on the way home from running my errands this evening. They are a local coffee company that is trying to compete with starbux. They are doing a mighty fine job. I got a Velvet hammer tonight which is a nutmeg, cinnamon, mocha latte. Oh yum…. I never should have done that!

I was driving to work this morning just smiling my head off. I really love it here. I love the neighborhood, I love the house, I love my job. I am so glad I came out here. James better hurry up and get his butt out here – I miss him!

I have been asking around at work getting some recommendations for restaurants for Dad to try while he is here. There are tons of ma and pa hamburger joints – dad loves hamburgers, and I was told about a good one today! People at work know mom and dad are moving out here, and they are giving me some advice for neighborhoods and stuff too.

I am excited about dad coming. He is going to have a blast! I have been scouting out some apartments in our neighborhood for them. There is even a house for rent just about 6 or so houses down from ours. I’m going to call about it just in case. Maybe dad will just stay and move in a house here! Some cute houses have come on the market right around here too.

I heard the funniest thing on the radio this afternoon. The local Kia dealership is having a buy one get one free sale. What?!? If you buy any new Kia, you get a used Rio for free. What?!?

So you would think, if they live in Portland – they should know that it rains. Why would they be shocked if there is a nice sunset when they go into a store and then it is pouring down the rain when they come out. I find it really funny. These ladies were FREAKING out as we came out of Target.

And yes… I went to Target again tonight. Hey, I needed toilet paper okay?

Powered by Blogger