Saturday, November 24, 2007

3658 miles and Home!

Today I spent a little time in Salt Lake City. The city was okay, but I was more interested in the lake. I found a little place on the map I knew I had to go to - Antelope Island. It was well worth the side trip. I spent 3 hours on the island. It was really early in the morning, and there were bird watchers and fishermen everywhere. I think I was the only "tourist". I met a couple of really nice guys who were bird watching, and they were really excited about showing me the birds they had been watching. I drove all over the island. I think I hit all the public roads. I saw not a single antelope, but there were buffalo everywhere. I went for a hike, and I was walking among the buffalo. I got a little freaked out when I passed a coyote on the trail, so I turned back. Jim told me I should have been more afraid of the buffalo than the coyote. Whoops.

Once I left Salt Lake City I headed toward Boise ID. I was driving along the Snake River Canyon, and I decided to check it out. I went down to Shoshone Falls, which initially I thought was a mistake.... off the highway, off the main road, off the side road, off a smaller side road, and then down a nearly single lane windy, icy road. What the hell was I thinking? Well when I got to the bottom of the road I saw it. It was awesome. It was a weird combination of ice and rainbows.

I was tired and ready for my own bed so I high tailed it home to see Jim and my babies.

Powered by Blogger