Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Tuesday

Tuesday Jim skipped work and we messed around all day. We got a good bit of snow – will I ever get away from it? We got in several trips to coffee and many hours of chatting and laughing with each other. It is always like we have never been apart when we get back together. We always have fun. I miss him so much.

Tuesday night Jim and I went down to Bloomington again to meet my Dean, Marty for dinner. I was giving a talk for the master’s students that night, and we were going out before hand. The three of us had a nice dinner at Yogi’s – one of my old hangouts walking distance from the building. I had a night class with the dean the last year of school, and a group of us always went down to yogi’s before class. We would prepare for class with a pitcher of beer (or two), and since the professors went down there for dinner from time to time, we always risked getting caught. I fessed up to Marty that we would drink before class, and he found it very funny. It probably explained a lot to him!

I went back and talked to the kids for almost an hour and a half, and I told them my story of finding a job, what I went through, and what I do now. It was fun, and I think they got something out of it. It was really great seeing my old friends that are graduating this year. I got lots of hugs! I really miss seeing them everyday. We went through a lot together.

Powered by Blogger