Friday, December 07, 2007

I left my heart in San Francisco

I had a meeting in Palo Alto CA Tuesday, and I had to be in Albuquerque NM today. So I planned to fly into San Francisco and spend some time with Heather and the Bald's on Monday. My plans changed when I found out there was a Pineapple Express coming to the West coast Sunday and Monday. It was slated to bring very high winds which would make flying difficult, scary, and maybe even impossible. So I "took one for the team" and went to San Francisco on Saturday. I don't know how Heather and the fam felt about me just inviting myself for such a long time, but I was happy to be there!

I got to spend some time with Corey, Susan and Bryn, the kids, Ron and WIllie, and Brian. It was fun. I flew into SFO in the morning, and Heather and I explored the Sutro Baths and then had breakfast at Cliff House. We messed around in downtown San Francisco for the day and went shopping in Japantown. Awesome! We met Corey at Canteen, which was a tiny diner turned snazzy restaurant in Nob Hill, and then we went on to the Tunnel Top for drinks. The next day I went on a hike with Susan, Bryn, Willie, Ron, and the kids in the Stanford Foothills to the Dish - a radio telescope built in the 60's by the Stanford Research Institute. The views were amazing, and the kids were so cute! I spent some time in Sunnyvale/Santa Clara with the Bald's, and that evening had dinner and hung out with Brian. He is hysterical!

I then had some work meetings in Palo Alto Monday (I got to drive the old ciivic - it was like riding a bicycle!) and Tuesday. I hung out with Heather while she worked. Her work is a long story, but it is something analogous to pole counting. It was great to just drive all over the place and talk and giggle. I was so happy to get to spend time with the kids too. They are so cute and growing so fast.

The time flew while I was there, and Thursday came too quickly. Thursday morning (insanely early) Heather took me to the airport to go to Albuquerque NM. I flew to Denver where I met up with Tiffanie and we flew on to Albuquerque together. I was soooo sad to leave Heather. I have been spoiled seeing her so often the past 6 months.

Powered by Blogger