Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Wednesday

Wednesday Jim and I moped around, dreading my flight out. We went to coffee and sat in silence with the imminent departure hanging over us. I wish I could have shoved Jim in my suitcase and whisked him off to Portland. It is just not right that he is stuck in Indiana. We both have worked so hard to get to this point.

My flight back went well. I had very little time between flights in Denver, so I hoofed it off one plane, across the airport, and got to the other plane just in time to load.

We flew over the rockies fairly low because of the weather, so I had a good view of them for most of the flight. That is what makes flying so fun… seeing things from that perspective.

I guess I’ll spend the rest of the week recuperating and unwrapping the furniture. I have to check everything for damage, and fill out some status reports for the moving company. Barring any unforeseen damage, the whole mover experience went really smoothly. Jim and I were both terrified that it would be really bad.

Now all I have to do is arrange it. I have been joking with jim that I was going to arrange the furniture so everything is lined up on one wall and side by side. Well he has to have something to do when he gets here! He is the expert arranger – remember my apartment in New York? I need him to do the finishing touches. I am good at organizing all the little things, but he is good at the big ones. He has a flare for decorating that boy does. I do have to be careful and get all my décor items bought before he gets here, so I can get them in!

I will be glad to get back to work tomorrow, and start getting into a schedule.

Powered by Blogger