Thursday, March 23, 2006

Home Sweet Home

I wrote the previous posts on the plane. I had PLENTY of time to reflect on the previous few days that I had skipped. I definitely did not slack on posting for lack of content.

I was driving home from the airport feeling very sad, tired, and worn down. I was tooling down the interstate in the dregs of rush hour traffic, and dreading going into an empty house that looked as if it had been hit by a tornado inside. As I crested the hill on I-5, I got a full on view of downtown. The buildings were all lit up and twinkling their reflection in the river. I had the same reaction I always do when I see downtown… I smiled really big. All the sudden I felt rejuvenated and happy.

I sure do miss Jim and the dogs, and it was gut wrenching leaving them in Indy, but it sure was good to finally be home.

Powered by Blogger